Full Time Outreach Worker - Operation Help
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Operation Help takes a collaborative approach to those involved in the sex trade to provide immediate support from various community partners. Operation Help workers provide clients with services at the time of arrest as ongoing support.
Operation Help reports to the Coordinator of Outreach & and Family Unification and is responsible for providing community support to those involved in the sex trade.
- Provide support, advocacy, outreach services to women, men, and children exploited and abused through the sex trade in Saskatoon
- Providing children and women immediate support from the various community agencies
- Working with program partners: Ministry of Social Services, Saskatchewan Justice, Saskatoon City Police, Saskatoon Health Region, and community Elder.
- Develop alternative measures using positive outcomes that encourage lifestyle change and harm reduction
- Prepares periodic reports and records on program activities, progress, status or other special reports for management or outside agencies
- Public and media relations and coordination of the EGADZ Youth Committee’s Annual Day of Mourning-Remembering Victims of the Sex Trade
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge and understanding of the Saskatoon Downtown Youth Centre’s programs and services
- Knowledge and understanding of the Saskatoon Downtown Youth Centre’s mandate and mission.
- Knowledge of community resources
- Knowledge Surrounding Sexual Exploitation
- Understanding issues surrounding substance abuse, addictions, Youth and Adult Criminal Justice Acts, homelessness and mental health.
- Understanding crisis intervention, conflict resolution, and behavioral management strategies
- Good working knowledge of the Adult Social Assistance Program
- Understanding of cultural diversity
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent multi-tasking and prioritizing skills
- Ability to create a welcoming and approachable environment for youth and staff
- Ability to work within a diverse and quick-paced environment
- Team building skills
- Excellent harm reduction problem solving skills
- Effective oral, written, and listening skills
- Ability to make decisions
- Time management skills
- Stress management skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Honest, trustworthy and able to work in a collaborative team environment
- Accepting of cultural diversity
- Be flexible
- Skilled communicator
- Nonjudgmental and compassionate
- Excellent work ethic and integrity
- Strong personal support system
- Be a positive role model for youth and employees
Follow the link to apply online via Google Forms. Please note that a Google account is required to apply online. If you do not have a Google account, follow the instructions in the job description for applying via email or in person.