Part Time Ground Zero Youth Worker
Youth Worker- Ground Zero
The Saskatoon Downtown Youth Centre Inc./EGADZ requires a Youth Worker and individual interested in a Part Time shifts for Ground Zero within EGADZ. (Shift Work Is Involved – Evenings/Weekends/Awake Overnights).
EGADZ is an inter-agency, non-profit organization whose purpose is to provide services for hard to serve youth in Saskatoon with the mission to encourage and support them to make choices that improve their quality of life.
Ground Zero is a Transitional Housing project designed to fill gaps in housing support for youth in Saskatoon. Outreach Workers provide services to on both an emergent and long-term basis. These services include but are not limited to: emergency planning, advocacy, justice support, transportation and long-term housing support.
The ideal candidates are non-judgmental, compassionate and are able to build trusting relationships with youth.
· Post secondary education in the human services field, equivalent experience or a combination of both
· Demonstrate and practice a healthy lifestyle
· Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with youth, staff and partnering agencies and maintain strict confidentiality and appropriate boundaries
· Ability to express ideas and concepts effectively in an oral and written form
· Working knowledge of computers (Windows)
· First Aid/CPR certification
· Knowledge of Indigenous cultures
· Must have an experienced driver’s license that reflects a safe driving record - a Driver's Abstract is required (within 3 months)
· Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Sector (within 6 months)
· Shift work is required, including evenings, overnights, and weekends
Wage starting at $21.79 per hour
Pension and Health Benefit Program
Cover Letters and Resumes labelled – Ground Zero Youth Worker can be mailed/dropped off at EGADZ Youth Centre 485 – 1st Avenue North, Saskatoon, SK S7K 1X5 or emailed to email@example.com. Please specify the position you are applying for. EGADZ appreciates all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be notified. Please no phone calls.
Follow the link to apply online via Google Forms. Please note that a Google account is required to apply online. If you do not have a Google account, follow the instructions in the job description for applying via email or in person.